God describes the church as a family because we share a common faith and a common hope. We believe the local church is a vital part of God’s plan to save and transform His people, and we are thankful for the strength we draw from one another.
Paul told Timothy to “…pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.” At East End you will find many other Christians eager to share in this pursuit with you. Below are some basic ideas that unite us at East End.
STANDING IN CHRIST ALONE
“We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ.”
- Colossians 1:28
“Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.”
- 2 Timothy 1:13
- We are part of the church Jesus died and arose to build, with no ties to any denomination or human institution. (Matthew 16:18, Acts 2:36-47)
- We invite all people, from all nations, to become disciples of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- We are simply Christians, called by no other name. (Acts 11:26)
- We use only the Bible to establish our practices and beliefs. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- To worship God in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24)
- To serve God with unity and love. (Philippians 2:2)
- We teach God graciously washes our sins away at the time of baptism. (Acts 22:16)
- We enjoy fellowship with the saints. (Galatians 2:9)
- We cooperate locally in the work of evangelism, edification, and benevolence. (Philippians 4:15, Ephesians 4:29, Acts 11:29)
- We sing with the greatest instrument ever created: the heart. Just like the Christians in the Bible, no other instruments are used in our praise. (Colossians 3:16, Ephesians 5:19, Hebrews 13:15)
- We exercise careful stewardship over all church funds. 100% of the money contributed to the church is used for Bible approved expenses. We give generously to the needs of the saints and invest in the spread of the message of Jesus. We send funds directly to the evangelists we support, with no “middle man” human institutions or sponsoring congregations.(Philippians 4:15) We never take money from our budget for activities that are recreational or otherwise outside of the scope of spiritual work entrusted to the local church. (1 Corinthians 9:14, 1 Corinthians 16:1-4, 1 Timothy 5)
Websites and email can ultimately only tell you so much. We eagerly invite you to come visit with us at any of our upcoming worship services.